Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Full blooms and treasure hunts to come

This is one side of our front yard and I wanted to share our Azalea's while they are still bursting with color. Our whole neighbor hood is filled with different varieties of Azalea's in all colors and sizes. The two sides of our front yard are a drop in the bucket compared to some! I'll try to get out and take some pictures before they all start to disappear. Already the pink dogwoods are fading to green and it makes me sad because they are some of my favorites!

Now onto treasure hunting... two weekends ago I convinced my husband to spend our Saturday morning going to garage sales with me. Even though we went to almost 20 different places it was a pretty disappointing outing and we only came back with a large frame for $2(which I painted black as soon as I got home), an old suitcase for $1, I have never seen so many childrens clothes in my life! It seems that and some adult clothing were all people were selling everywhere we went.
My silly cat, Mynx, freaking out at the strange object, aka drying frame, hanging from the tree! I thought she was going to pounce it!

Well this weekend we are going to venture out again, only this time to First Monday Trade Days, a flea market/anything and everything you can think of extravaganza! My mom, dad, sister, and possibly my grandmother are going to join us...so I am looking forward to the treasure hunt as well as time with people I love... now if only we could have Eddie Ross there to point us in the right direction!

1 comment:

  1. oh...see your azalea pics made me miss tyler spring so very much! needless to say the day after i landed back in PA...it snowed...now I was asleep and it didn't stick...so I am in denial that it really happened...but still we have no blooming beauties like yours and the rest of tyler! hope you have a fabulous time at Canton...hoping my tips are a bit of help...and not added confusion!

    ReplyDelete