Monday, March 23, 2009

My Very Own Mistreatments

Here are a couple of things I did over spring break...the fun ones at least. No one wants to hear about or see pictures of cleaning, vacuuming, and all the other necessary but not so fun jobs I also accomplished.

The first was our bathroom window. As of right now I can't sew a thing other than the ribbons and elastic on my pointe shoes (and probably a button or two) so instead I used my hot glue gun to "hem" the edges and create a pocket to insert the rod through. It was actually a lot easier than I thought and I love how a little bit of fabric and ribbon made such a difference in the way the bathroom feels!


My second window was the kitchen and not quite as difficult because all I did was fold it and tacked it to the wall using upholstery tacks. Not the most sophisticated method I know, but I just wanted something simple that would provide a pop of color to an otherwise white room.


This first picture makes it look like a tacked it straight.(I know it's a little crooked, but I hope you will join me in ignoring it! I promise it's not that back in real life!)

Here you can see how I fluffed it out

I also made a trip to Lowe's for these terra cotta pots, made labels on my computer and planted my cosmos, zinnia, and shasta daisy seeds. I cannot wait till they get big! (can you see the snap dragons peeking out behind the pots from my window box? They were planted by Mr. Wonderful)

2 comments:

  1. Great job on these and the green/b&w room! New home is lookin good!
    You are inspiring me to start some of my own projects..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh adorable!!! fabulous job on fancying up your windows!!!!

    ReplyDelete