Saturday, March 7, 2009

Release

I finished school several months ago and with that season now at a close I am excited about other opportunities I can now explore! One of which is starting a community dance company. This is something that has been in the back of my mind for a while, simmering, and waiting for an opportunity to be brought to the forefront. Then about a year ago by dance teacher/mentor/friend casually mentioned the desire to do the same! Yet it wasn't until about a month ago that we finally were able to sit down and share our thoughts and ideas. (till 2:30 in the the morning!)

Typically a company means commitment, scheduled rehearsal times, performance opportunities, among many other things, but for us we wanted it to have a more relaxed format where dancers can be a part as they are able. It's all still in the beginning stages, but the most exciting part was within days of our discussion we were both asked separately to dance at the very same woman's conference! Talk about timing...we knew what we hoped for but didn't even think we would get an performance/ministry opportunity withing days of talking about it! This seemed to solidify we were headed in the right direction and that we had a release and a beginning to something new! I cannot tell you how excited I am even though we don't know what happens after this, whether we'll have a name or identity that can be used within our community, or if this format will really work, but honestly I am trusting that all will happen in its perfect time.

Our first performance was a great success. It has been several years since I have operated in that capacity...going in, setting up equipment, placing costumes, communicating with contacts, and so much more. I loved it and realized how much I have missed doing this. It was a deja vou of what is was like when I lived on the road and toured around the country performing .

As we were leaving I was wishing I could do it all over again the next day and the day after that! Hopefully more doors will open for us and we can do it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment