Monday, March 9, 2009

Sprink Break...

is here and while we are not going anywhere I do have quite a list of things to do! Most are projects that have been in the works, but have been waiting to finish them during a time when I don't have to run off to ballet in the middle of it.

One such project is in my living room...creating my much needed window treatments. Well actually I am going to do "mistreatments" that I discovered a while back on The Nester. I absolutely love going through her blog and reading her thoughts and ideas. For a struggling perfectionists like myself her motto "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" helps me tremendously! The funny thing is when I showed my mom some of the posts, her response was that she had been mistreating for years...funny how I never noticed that, but when I think back I do remember her making pillows without sewing or creating window treatments without a pattern or a lot of hoop-la (is that a word?!) and yet they always turned out great. So maybe mistreating is in my blood and I just needed the nudge from reading the Nester to get me going. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. hi ashlee!! of course i do remember you! it was so sweet of you to take the time to stop by and introduce yourself...it was so good to meet you and now with your new blog i will be able to keep up with the happenings in your world too! i am in the middle of my travels {today is my off day since i'm not flying this week} and i checked out your blog...love the colors...and the gorgeous flowers!! hope you are able to get far in that to-do list this week!!

    ReplyDelete