Saturday, March 7, 2009

Oh the beautiful

Next to peonies my favorite flower that simply causes me to sigh and wish for a whole bundle in my arms are the elusive ranunculus. I say elusive because I so badly wanted them for my wedding to go in my bouquet and for my prince charming's boutonniere and yet they were not available in the month of June! Last year we also tried to grow them in both our front and back yard and only managed to get three blooms...two pink and one yellow. I guess the Texas heat is too intense for them! Already I have seen a few of their leaves popping up so maybe, just maybe, I'll get one or two this year.

My lone survivor out of 80!

Look here to more pictures of these unique and charming flowers! (and the post I stumbled upon that sparked my own thoughts and reminiscing) It is actually an inspiration blog for weddings and I only wish I knew about it when planning by own.

My Bridal Bouquet, beautiful even without the ranunculus

2 comments:

  1. WOw, your bouquet WAS beautiful! I too love peonies.

    I noticesd your picture profile in my "followers" (funny word, I think) box and clicked on it. You're such a cutie! Where in Texas do you live? I have two sisters living there (Austin & Houston outskirts). Glad you started a blog, curious to see what entries you come up with!

    BTW, my life long dream was to be a ballerina. That obviously never happened but maybe my Charlie Faith will be into it! Gosh, I promise not to ever be a stage mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love peonies. The blossoms are SO large. The soft colors photograph beautifully. Today, I posted on my blog a still life image I did of some peonies I got from a co-worker's neighbor - http://photographyhints.blogspot.com.

    Actually, peonies like cold weather.

    ReplyDelete