Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Breathe


This evening at 5pm marks the beginning of a new and exciting change in our lives. It has been in the works over the last month, but today it becomes public in a very big way. I'm nervous, have butterflies in my stomach, and hope that everything goes well.

I'll have to wait to post it here (which is silly because only 4 people read this!), but as it is now only an hour away there was something in me that needed to just verbalize...I'm nervous! I know I'm not very eloquent with my writing like some I know or even some of those in blog land that I read, but this is my feeble attempt to express my tumultuous emotions.

In my life I am used to baby steps, but it seems today I am jumping off a cliff where there is officially no going back. I'll just have to plunge right in...

I pray that I can walk forward in confidence and courage knowing that God has shaped me, molded me, and prepared me for this day, this task, and this new adventure before me. I hope that I can do it with integrity, humility, and a whole lot of creativity thrown in! Right now if feels to big, more than I am capable of, but I sigh...rest in the peace that passes all understanding...and just breathe.

God never puts before us a task we cannot handle and with that, I trust in His sovereignty and His purpose for my life and our future. But above all, God I thank you for the blessing of this new season and the confirmation it brings to me as a person, an artist, and someone who longs to serve You in whatever place or capacity You put me. You sure are full of surprises!!


p.s I know the picture is random, but beauty speaks peace to my heart and that is what I need right now!

2 comments:

  1. oh can't wait to hear the wonderful news and the adventure you are about to embark on. isn't it amazing when God grows us and stretches us right before our very eyes and open mouths of "shock"! :) i hope the "announcement" went well last night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken like a true God's work of art :-)

    ReplyDelete