Thursday, June 4, 2009

Absolute Craziness...


Good grief!! I have tried three times now to start this post and I just can't seem to get it! I know it's not that difficult, but for some reason I just can't seem to make the words work in the way I want them too. I would love to be able to give my announcement and big news to its fullest, but if I tried to write it out from start to finish I wouldn't make my 4:30 flight to D.C tomorrow! (Vacation here we come!)

Last Thursday I shared about my nervousness and the various other emotions I was experiencing as I faced reality for the first time....the reality being a parent meeting of the TJC Academy of Dance in which it was announced to parents that the current director has been offered, and accepted, a promotion to be the interim Chair of the Fine and Performing Arts and that someone else (me!) was stepping in to take her place over the Academy and Nutcracker! Craziness! Thankfully the shock and response was minimal as I had prepared myself for the worst. Everyone loves the current director so I figured there would be some drama. That may come later and I'll brace myself for it.

When I was asked to take the position I could not have been more surprised. Never in my wildest dreams or thoughts did I think that my director would give up her job. She loves teaching and is so good at it and to not have her at the head of Nutcracker seems a little unreal. Thankfully the director (I'll call her Mrs.D) will still have a vital role in the transition time and will be involved on a weekly basis helping to mentor me and work through the process of taking things over.

This is big...huge actually and I know that I am going to have to find a way to take it one day at a time because when I do look at the whole picture and what this new job entails it's a little overwhelming. (and that is putting it lightly)

Over all we are excited. Mr. Wonderful gets this silly grin on his face every time he hears me telling someone the news....it's nice to know he is proud of me!

Well there it is...my big news.....as of August 1st I'll the be "Ballet Master" {not a fan of the title but it wasn't up to me} for the TJC Academy of Dance. Mrs. D's new position is on a one year trial basis and for the sake of transition, parents & community, she will maintain the title of Director until that year is up. So I must brace myself to not cringe every time I hear "ballet master" for the next year....hopefully it won't be too often!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations. Sounds very exciting! I can relate with your feelings as I am entering into a new and overwhelming occupation in the very near future as well. I know I will be relying on a lot of prayer and will include you in those!

    I think Ballet Master sounds like a cool title, for what its worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ashlee!!
    You are going to be GREAT at this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is HUGE. If you lived in the D.C area and gave adult ballet classes I'd totally take your class. Speaking of D.C., too bad I didn't read your post before your trip because I would have liked to meet up. Next time you're in Northern VA you'll have to let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete