Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Dunes

Ok...at some point I'll stop posting about this trip! I just keep finding pictures that I want to put up! I still have a few more and then I'll move on...promise!

One night we headed off about 5 minutes down the road to the large sand dunes. Most of us had never been to anything like it. I had a blast and must confess that large open spaces, with the wind blowing, and the sun setting make me want to do one of two things...or maybe even both...either dance or fly! I just can't seem to help myself and if there were so many people around I might have tried to do just that!

Attacking the gigantic hill


Mr.W trying to slide down, but the cardboard wasn't too successful. Some kids were just taking flying leaps and rolling down!



It was beautiful although very windy!


Love this shot his brother captured while we were trying to get a more posed picture like this...


The most amazing thing is that the baby slept the whole time! With all the wind and the sand she simply slept only to wake up when getting in the car. We were pretty impressed.


Jumping off! Fun but note to self - don't try this again in a dress


Don't know what I am doing with my arms! Balancing maybe? Who knows but I look like I'm working on my "jazz" hands!


Finished off with a beautiful sunset...life doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment